Are you hosting a Holiday party this year? I know, this time of year is crazy and you want to throw a party so bad because getting together with family and friends is the best part of this season, but also, it’s so busy that hosting can get pretty stressful! No worries, I have five super simple holiday party hacks that will make your party planning easier and save you time and money!
1. Keep decor simple. Use crepe paper and tissue paper to add big style on a small budget. Tinsel garlands are my current fave & you can get them at the dollar store! You can also use extra ornaments as table decor. So easy!
2. Choose foods that are easy to make ahead, simple to assemble and can be eaten with one hand. These mini lasagnas are perfect for any party and who doesn’t love lasagna? Instant crowd pleaser. (Recipe below!)
3. Buy some of the food pre-made. I know… you want to try out some recipes or share your culinary talents, but time is money! Make one or two things and buy one or two things pre-made. You will be so much less stressed if you aren’t trying to make ten things and decorate and clean and get yourself dressed all at once. If you want fancy, you can get pastries or a cake from a local bakery that won’t set you back much more than it would had you made it at home.
4. Garnish all the things. Never underestimate the power of a little bit of green. It adds so much class and wow factor, but costs basically nothing. Crackers, cream cheese and fresh parsley – bam. Done.
5. Make an awesome playlist. Music will dictate the feel of the party. Put your playlist on a loop or delegate someone to be in charge of starting it up again if it ends. Good tunes that the whole crowd will enjoy, good food and good company will make it impossible for your guests not to have a good time!
Okay so let’s get to this delicious mini lasagna recipe. These little lasagna bites are a guaranteed crowd pleaser! Because isn’t everything better when it’s bite-sized? They come together pretty quickly too, although there is some assembly required, it’s very simple.
You start by heating up delicious meatballs (I like Johnsonville the best!)
While they are heating up, get everything else out. Ricotta, mozzarella, marinara, phyllo dough (not pictured) and parsley.
Make little crusts out of phyllo dough and layer in the ricotta, meatballs, sauce and mozzarella then add a little bit of parsley to the top. Ta-da!
Mini Lasagna Bites
- 1 Package Phyllo Dough
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 5-6 Johnsonville Italian Style Meatballs
- Handful of fresh Parsley
Thaw phyllo dough and heat up meatballs according to package directions.
Mix ricotta cheese with kosher salt and set aside.
Prepare mini muffin pan (or two) with cooking spray.
When meatballs are heated through, chop them into small pieces.
Mini Lasagna assembly instructions:
Cut Phyllo dough into two inch squares layer two squares together and press into muffin tin.
Add teaspoon of ricotta cheese, followed by a few pieces of meatball, a teaspoon or so of marinara sauce, and fill the rest in with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly, and that’s it. Remember to use some extra parsley to garnish the plate!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville . The opinions and text are all mine.