Hey guys! I have a sweet and easy project to share with you today, but first I have some fun news! We are so excited to be on one of the Lifestyle Crafts/We R Memory Keepers studios, in the party category! This means that once a month we get to share an awesome party themed post and we get to give you a sweet deal on product! We totally love their products and we know that you will too. If you like any of the products you see in this post, you can use the code: PRETTY to receive 20% off your order, anytime from We R Memory Keepers and the LifeStyle Craft products!
Now, onto the project! You know how when you are in a big gathering of people there are cups like, everywhere? You know the general vicinity of where you placed yours, but you aren’t sure if it is this one or that one. And the kids… don’t even get me started on the kids cups. I’m pretty sure its not just my son who likes to have any excuse to use 17 different cups.
It is this very problem that has led mothers everywhere to resort to the red solo cups and a black sharpie marker. “Everyone write your name on your cup!” Is a mother’s mantra. Especially during the sick season when the last thing you want is someone else’s germs. Well, I am proud to proclaim that I have come up with a much more fun and festive way to institute the “one cup only” rule.
Enter: Name card straws! Here is the quick photo tutorial of how I made these little beauts. 1. Get out all your crafting supplies! I used the evolution die cutting tool, chalkboard craft paper, cute paper straws, sticky thumb adhesive (best stuff EVER btw) and it kit banner dies.
2. Pick which banner die you want to use and place it cutting side up on your board.
3. Place your paper over the top of your die.
4. Cover with cutting mat.
5. Slide through evolution tool.
6. /7. What it looks like after it comes out. Continue all your punches this way.
8. Gather your punches, straws and sticky adhesive and write your names on your banners.
9./10. Glue banners to outer circles.
11. Slide your straw through the banner slits (if you buy the banner it kit the slits are cut for you! So cool).
12. Stick in a fun glass and enjoy!^^Our fun straws all ready to go for our families little cookies and milk party. ^^An up close view. Also, my son is 2 1/2 and can I note that it is getting to be so much fun to do things for him. The other night, after baths we gave him a candy cane and took him on a drive to see the Christmas lights and it was like he died and went to heaven. Drinking out of straws is the same way (because usually he still only gets a sippy) and a cookie, too! And his name on the straw!! It’s like Christmas I tell you. It’s a good reminder for me to do more fun, simple activities as a family, because at the end of the day it is the time you spend together and the little things that really count. ^^By the way, if you are wondering about the recipe for these delicious cookies pictured above, here it is. Oh, and you’re welcome. Best sugar cookies ever.
Okay, so are you ready for the giveaway I promised in the title? In addition to your sweet 20% off code on any merchandise (code doesn’t expire, btw!) the nice folks at Lifestyle Crafts/We R Memory Keepers want to give away a washi tape assortment to one lucky PP reader! Just enter via the rafflecopter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for reading!
This post may be linked up.