Hey guys! We are SO EXCITED to introduce you to the first of our frugal food contributors, Amber from Dessert Now, Dinner Later! We feel so honored to have her, and we know that you guys will love her as much as we do! Show her some love!
Hi friends! I am excited to be here today to share my first frugal recipe post as a contributor here at Pretty Providence. Are you ready?! Great!
There are certain flavor combinations, that just hit the spot and peanut butter & chocolate is one of those duos that make my taste buds sing! I mean, whoever invented peanut butter cups was a genius!
If you remember a guest post I did a while back here on Pretty Providence for Peaches & Cream Cobbler, then you know that I like to stock up on mixes when they go on sale! Brownie mixes are definitely one of those I like to keep on hand as well as chocolate chips. My local Macey’s grocery store just had Guittard chocolate chips on sale for 3/$5 & I totally bought 9 bags! I guess you can call deal shopping a love of mine as well, especially when it comes to baking products.
Anyway, this recipe uses both brownie mix & chocolate chips. Gotta love that chocolate! As for the peanut butter…I buy peanut butter in bulk at Sam’s Club because I have peanut butter toast every morning for breakfast with my smoothie. That & my kids have peanut butter & honey sandwiches like crazy, so this recipe was a no brainer for me! Lots of brownie mixes, lots of peanut butter…let’s make some Peanut Butter Brownie Bites! I will warn you that these bites are incredibly decadent, & extremely addictive. Share with your friends okay?!
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- 1 (18 to 19oz) box brownies (usually labeled as family size or for a 13×9″ pan)
- Ingredients for the brownies- Mine called for 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, & 2 eggs.
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tsp heavy cream
- Prepare box brownies according to directions on the label. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased square 8×8″ or 9×9″ pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Prepare frosting by beating powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter & vanilla in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment OR with a hand held mixer & large bowl. Add heavy cream 1 tsp at a time until a spreadable texture is achieved.
- Frost brownies once they are completely cooled. Cut into 1″ squares & serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Ummm.. is anyone else’s mouth watering?? Totally making these ASAP! Thanks Amber!