My family is basically obsessed with breakfast foods. We eat them breakfast, lunch and dinner, and sort of consider ourselves connoisseurs. Now, let me say, these are the BEST. WAFFLES. EVER. They have amazing flavor, nice and crisp on the outside with a light and fluffy interior, these overnight waffles can’t be beat! Although the batter sits overnight, they are just as easy to throw together as normal waffles and in the morning you will be so grateful you took the time the night before!
Easy Overnight Waffles
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- The evening before you want to eat these prepare your batter.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and then stir in mlik, butter and vanilla one at a time.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave out overnight at room temperature.
- The next morning, spray your waffle maker or brush it lightly with your oil.
- While griddle is heating, separate your eggs and stir the yolks into your batter.
- Beat your egg whites until they hold soft peaks, then fold them into your batter as well.
- Bake your waffles in your waffle iron, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
We love mixed berries and syrup on top of our waffles! You can use whatever berries you have on hand, and it will totally take your waffles to the next level! The other thing that makes a big difference is what kind of waffle maker you use. You want a good one, trust me! Here are a couple of our faves:
Oster Ceramic Flip Waffle Maker
I promise you won’t regret adding this recipe to your rotation, good luck!
Or if you are in need of a delicious savory breakfast idea you will LOVE our World’s Best Breakfast Casserole! Check out the easy video below:
If you liked this post you will love our other breakfast faves: