Do you love the taste of Boardwalk fries as much as I do? Then you will love the delicious flavors of this boardwalk fry potato salad!
For most of my life, I was missing out on one of the most delicious beach treats there is, boardwalk fries! We went to Myrtle Beach every year as a family and up until recently, they didn’t have a boardwalk. One year we went to Ocean City and it was the first time I tried the iconic Thrasher’s french fries. If you aren’t on the east coast, then you may have never tried these! They are potatoes fried in peanut oil and then topped with malt vinegar. No ketchup allowed here!
Our Latest Videos
I double cooked the potatoes, first by boiling them, then throwing them in the oven to roast a little. You could skip the roasting step, but I really like the flavor it adds. I also tried these straight after dressing them hot out of the oven, after sitting at room temperature, and then again reheated for dinner. I liked all three temperatures and think you could serve them however you like!
Craving summer flavors or intrigued by the taste of vinegar on fries? Then you need to try this Boardwalk Fry Potato Salad!
Boardwalk Fry Potato Salad
- 6 large red skinned potatoes cut into bite size cubes
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar plus more to taste do not substitute for any other type of vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil + 1 tbsp.
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- salt pepper to taste
- Spread 1/4 cup peanut oil on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the pan in the oven.
- Meanwhile, place your diced potatoes in a pan covered with water. Salt the water and then put on high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 5-8 minutes, or just until fork tender.
- Drain and towel off until dry.
- Remove pan from the hot oven and spread potatoes on pan. Be careful because the oil may splatter. Do not stir potatoes, let them sear to the pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove from oven and add in malt vinegar, tbsp. of peanut oil, and green onions. Stir and then add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or let sit and serve at room temperature. Add more vinegar if desired. I added a few more splashes right before serving.