Hey guys! I don’t know about all of you, but when I am pregnant or nursing I swear I can eat more than two grown men! I crave hearty, comfort meals constantly, but I also want to fill my body with nutrients and not completely let myself go.. it is a continual struggle! My beautiful friend Heather introduced me to this recipe a few months ago and it has become a staple in our house! Filling and delicious, but definitely on the lighter side of Italian pasta dishes and packed with spinach. It is like a hungry mamas dream come true! Haha. I can guarantee you won’t regret giving this recipe a try!
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
- 9 Lasagna Noodles cooked, al dente
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 15 oz fat-free ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 9 Tbsp skim mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure spinach is drained really well.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl.
- Pour one cup of marinara sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place a piece of waxed paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure the noodles are dry, and pat them with a paper towel if needed.
- Take ricotta mixture and spread evenly over the noodles.
- Carefully roll and place them seam side down onto your baking dish.
- Repeat with all remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodle rolls in baking dish and top each one with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese melts.
Any pasta recipe that you don’t have to feel too guilty about is a huge win in my book! Get in my belly!
Our Latest Videos
I hope your family loves this dish as much as mine does!
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out this delicious chicken divan or this yummy crock pot Polynesian chicken!