Hey guys! I don’t know about all of you, but when I am pregnant or nursing I swear I can eat more than two grown men! I crave hearty, comfort meals constantly, but I also want to fill my body with nutrients and not completely let myself go.. it is a continual struggle! My beautiful friend Heather introduced me to this recipe a few months ago and it has become a staple in our house! Filling and delicious, but definitely on the lighter side of Italian pasta dishes and packed with spinach. It is like a hungry mamas dream come true! Haha. I can guarantee you won’t regret giving this recipe a try!
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
- 9 Lasagna Noodles cooked, al dente
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 15 oz fat-free ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 9 Tbsp skim mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure spinach is drained really well.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl.
- Pour one cup of marinara sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place a piece of waxed paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure the noodles are dry, and pat them with a paper towel if needed.
- Take ricotta mixture and spread evenly over the noodles.
- Carefully roll and place them seam side down onto your baking dish.
- Repeat with all remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodle rolls in baking dish and top each one with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese melts.
Any pasta recipe that you don’t have to feel too guilty about is a huge win in my book! Get in my belly!
I hope your family loves this dish as much as mine does!