Hey everybody! I hope you’re all having an amazing week. Poor Luke caught some kind of tummy bug on Monday (our first day back home) and so we’ve been takin’ it slow around here with a bottle of disinfectant in each hand. Lol. If you’ve been following PP from the start then you’ll remember me sharing these yummy ham and cheese pockets! I make these pockets all of the time in a few different variations, and so I thought today I would share one of our other favorites with you today.. homemade pizza pockets! I took pictures of each and every little step to prove how utterly easy these are to make! I usually make a big batch and then we eat them for dinner the first night and reheat them for lunches the next few days.
Easy Homemade Pizza Pockets
- 12 frozen rhodes roll dough thawed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning
- flour for dusting countertop
- other assorted pizza toppings as desired
- Set your frozen Rhodes roll dough on a greased cookie sheet to thaw. 1 roll = 1 pizza pocket. Remember, we aren't wanting the dough to rise, just to soften. It usually takes 1-2 hours to thaw depending on heat of house etc.
- Once dough is soft, grate your cheese and chop your pepperoni and other toppings.
- Arrange everything in a assembly station of sorts.
- Lightly flour the counter top and grab your first roll. Roll dough into a flat oval shape.
- Add a spoonful of pizza sauce to the middle of the dough, primarily on one side and spread it around.
- Top with cheese and other toppings.
- Add a shake or two of your Italian seasoning.
- Pull the empty side of the dough over the top of the full side and pinch the edges closed.
- Set finished roll on cookie sheet and repeat for all of the other pockets.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and the outsides are firm to the touch.
- To reheat, place in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
For all you visual people like me, read on for the photo tutorial!
^^Prep station ready to go.
^^The rolled out oval shape.
^^Pile on those toppings.
^^Fold and pinch.
^^Tray ready to go in the oven.
I promise you, they taste even better than they look! It is just the right ratio of bread/filling and they stay good for about 4 days.. not that they have ever lasted that long around here! People who I give this recipe to always tell me how it becomes a staple for them as well.. what can I say, it’s perfect for busy Mamas!
I hope your family loves them as much as me and mine!