Hey you guys!! You probably already know about my “problem” by now but if not… Hi, I’m Sarah, and I’m addicted to stripes. I am also really into making wreaths lately… I’ve made two in the past week and I’m still basically exploding with wreath ideas. Anyway — today I’m sharing how to make this super easy modern succulent wreath and, of course, it is striped because it has to match all my clothes and things in my house! Haha. This month’s Michael’s Makers challenge was FLORAL. I found these cute faux succulents in their spring floral market for just a few bucks each, and the idea for this was born.
How to Make A Succulent Wreath
Our Latest Videos
14″ embroidery hoop
9″ embroidery hoop
1/2 yard fabric of choice
White pen or pencil
- Lay out hoops on top of foam board (or cork board) and trace around the outside edges of the hoops with white pen/pencil.
- Cut ring out of foam board.
- Repeat same steps with fabric.
- Use mod podge to adhere fabric to your foam board.
- Hot glue hoops to the edges of fabric/board.
- Hot glue succulents onto the bottom right section of your wreath.
How to Trim the Edges of Your Hoop Wreath
You will probably have to trim around the edges. I used a craft knife like this one, and fabric scissors to trim the sides.
See though, it’s really easy. You can totally make this at nap time while you watch Netflix!
I really love the embroidery hoops as wreath edges, too. It gives this such a clean modern feel compared to using a normal wreath form, don’t you think? Plus, it has the built-in hole at the top that perfectly fits with a push pin! (The more you know.)
Check out these DIY wreath ideas too:
You can see all of our other wreath ideas HERE.