This Shaved Asparagus Grilled Pizza is the perfect pizza for spring and summer time entertaining!
Hey guys! Amanda back here from Old House to New Home sharing a delicious spring time recipe! This Shaved Asparagus Pizza has been a family favorite for a long time! Everyone always loves this recipe and it has been requested many times for family functions. I have made this for Easter, Mother’s Day, and for any other summertime function.
Our Latest Videos
Once warm weather comes, we cook as much as we can on the grill. I have put nearly every food imaginable on the grill. Some have been flops, but pizza always works on the grill! The smoky flavor mimics the flavor of a wood fired oven and makes dinner taste so much more restaurant like then just a regular ol’ homemade pizza.
I like to use two kinds of cheeses of this pizza. Fresh mozzarella is the perfect base. You could substitute regular mozzarella if you wish, but I think the fresh is so delicious on pizza. The second type of cheese is any type of soft herbed garlic cheese. The original recipe calls for Boursin, but since that is pricey, I prefer to use any soft herb cheese I can find. You could even season up some good quality ricotta if you prefer!
I hope you try this Shaved Asparagus Grilled Pizza soon! It is the perfect way to welcome in the warmer weather!
Shaved Asparagus Grilled Pizza
- 1 pizza crust homemade or store bought
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cut into slices
- 4 oz soft garlic and herb cheese
- 1/2 cup asparagus shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Turn on your grill to preheat to medium heat.
- Remove the thick woody end of your asparagus. Shave your asparagus into thin slices using a vegetable peeler. Put into a bowl with the olive oil, lemon, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for about five minutes. Drain asparagus well. You don't want it to be soggy on your pizza.
- Once grill is hot, put your crust topping side down on the grill for 2-3 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Remove from grill and then lay your fresh mozzarella, then slices of asparagus, and then dot with herbed cheese.
- Return to the grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts. If any water comes out of the asparagus, just dab with a paper towel before serving.
- Cut into slices,and enjoy! Pizza is good at room temperature as well.