In this house, we LOVE crepes. My husband lived in Europe for 2 years and became a professional caliber crepe maker (in my humble opinion.) I swear I could eat them every day. He has passed some of that European knowledge on to me, so here are a few secrets to making the world’s most delicious crepes.
How to Make Crepes that are AWESOME
- Buy a crepe pan. If you love crepes and want to make them regularly, this is key! I actually have two of them, so we can make all of the crepes in half the time.
- Soda water. In any crepe recipe, you can substitute soda water for regular water. This helps your crepe batter to be just the right texture.
- No skim milk. Sure, crepes will work with skim milk, but they won’t taste the same. I am actually pretty firm on this point. We use 2%.
- Refrigerate your batter before cooking crepes. If possible, we mix our batter the night before and refrigerate overnight. If that isn’t possible , stick the batter in the fridge for at least an hour, this makes a huge difference.
Crepe Making Supplies:
Okay, now for an awesome recipe! Sarah actually gave us this recipe in a recipe book she made for me when I got married and it’s so good. I know you will enjoy these.
How to make crepes that are amazing! Made with simple ingredients, they are easy and perfect with crepe toppings like strawberries, peaches, nutella, powdered sugar, and whipped cream!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp soda water can sub regular water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 tsp salt
Add flour, water, milk, eggs, butter and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Refrigerate batter for at least one hour.
Heat a crepe pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat until it's hot. Brush pan lightly with butter.
Pour batter into the pan. Depending on the size of your pan you will use about 1/8 cup batter per recipe.
Tilt and rotate the pan to evenly coat the bottom with crepe batter. When the underside is cooked, flip the crepe and cook the other side.
Repeat until your batter is gone.
Best Crepe Toppings
More breakfast recipes you will love:
World’s Best Breakfast Casserole
Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
Pumpkin French Toast