Hey everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home! I am so excited to be joining the team here at Pretty Providence! I will be sharing recipes with you each month and hope that you will stop over at my blog for even more easy dinner and recipe inspiration!
Having kids changes everything, doesn’t it? I have never been one to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I love Christmas, but Valentine’s Day has just never been my thing. Well almost four years ago, we brought our beautiful little girl home from the hospital on February 14th. Ever since, that day has been a special date for our family.
Our Latest Videos
The base of this cookie is made from a cake mix. I love baking from scratch but whenever I want to bake with my daughter, I find that using a mix is a lot less messy and much easier! Also, if you have never had a cookie made from a vanilla cake mix, you are really missing out. The dough is so soft and has a wonderful texture and the vanilla flavor is absolutely delicious. I’ve baked a lot of cookies in my day and I have to admit that these are definitely one of my favorites!
Valentine’s Day M&M Cookies
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with non-stick mats or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix and baking powder. In another bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and stir well until all cake mix is wet and no dry pockets remain.
- Gently fold in M&Ms.
- Drop two tablespoon rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cookies should not brown at all.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Recipe adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction