Tuscan White Bean and Tomato Soup
A warm Italian soup made with delicious white beans and tomatoes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- 29 oz diced tomatoes two 14.5 ounce cans
- 2 cans white beans 15 ounces each, drained and rinsed
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 sprigs thyme plus more for garnish
- pinch white pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper for garnish
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add the onion, garlic cloves and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Reserve 1/4 cup of beans for garnish. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the beans, broth, water, thyme sprigs, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs. Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree it until smooth. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender.) Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Drizzle olive oil over each bowl of soup and top with beans and a sprig of thyme.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 972mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 15.6% | Vitamin C: 28.5% | Calcium: 8% | Iron: 12.5%