If you are looking for an easy DIY bunny costume, this is it! It's no-sew, can be put together in an hour, and so adorable!
I am so excited to share this cute Halloween costume with you guys today! We love EASY costume ideas and I always make my own, without sewing! Some of my favorites from last year: DIY Princess Costumes, an easy Pirate Costume and these cute Sailor Costumes on our Halloween Disney Cruise last year!
I put this DIY Bunny Costume together in one afternoon. June was almost two, and I thought making her a bunny costume would be adorable. (I was so right.)
*This post contains affiliate links.
I wanted the costume to be comfortable for her to run around in - so she would actually keep it on. So it's basically just like what she wears normally but a little more shiny and with bunny ears! Ha.
DIY Bunny Costume:
- 2 pairs of gold leggings
- Jumbo white pipe cleaner
- Plain headband or bunny ears
- Plain t-shirt
- Glue gun
- Black eyeliner
Supplies from Amazon:
- Take one pair of leggings and cut them down the inside seams.
- Cut an oval about the size of a sheet of 8x11 paper out of the deconstructed gold leggings.
- Glue the oval onto your t-shirt.
- Safety pin the tail onto the tailbone of the gold leggings.
- Put bunny ears headband on.
- Draw whiskers and a little nose on your face with black eyeliner. Ta Da!
How to Make Bunny Ears
- Shape jumbo pipe cleaner into ear shapes and attach them to a plain headband by wrapping them around it.
- Now cut two ear shapes out of the legging material, and glue them to the inside edges of the pipe cleaner ears.
How to Make a Bunny Costume for Adults
You can follow the exact same instructions to make a bunny costume for adults that you would for kids. This tutorial works for rabbits* of all ages! To make this costume for an adult try these items from Amazon:
*I love sharing costume ideas! If you'd like to share or pin this costume I'd prefer if you use the top image from this post, and not this one. Thank you for respecting this.