Hands down, this the best breakfast casserole recipe you will ever make. Filled with sausage, eggs, cheese and veggies, it is to-die-for! You will want to make breakfast recipe again and again.
Mmmmm, breakfast food. Literally, I could eat breakfast three meals a day. I know I’ve mentioned this, but we have breakfast for dinner at least once a week! The awesome thing about breakfast foods (aside from the deliciousness factor) is that they are so affordable and generally quick to throw together.
*This post contains affiliate links.
World’s Best Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage (we like Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage for this casserole)
- Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Sour Cream (light)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brown sausage. Let it cool and drain on paper towels while you prep the other ingredients.
- Finely chop veggies and set aside.
- Mix eggs, sour cream and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Add veggies and sausage to the egg mixture and mix them all together.
Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes (or until the casserole is cooked through) and the top is slightly browned on the edges. There should not be any jiggling in the middle!
How long will this breakfast casserole last in the fridge?
It will stay good for 5-6 days in the fridge.
Can this casserole be assembled ahead of time?
Absolutely! In fact, most of the time when I make this recipe I prepare it the night before, and then stick it in the fridge overnight. We pop it into the oven first thing in the morning. If the pan is be cold instead of room temperature, you may have to extend baking time for 5-10 minutes.
Can you freeze breakfast casserole?
Breakfast casserole can be frozen for up to two months after baking. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and foil before storing your casserole in the freezer.
More easy breakfast recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos
- Easy Cheesy Breakfast Pizza
- German Pancakes
- Ham & Asparagus Strata
- On-The-Go Breakfast Egg Muffins
If you try this casserole and enjoy it, we would love for you to leave us a positive comment and review! They mean so much to us.
Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 24 oz pre-cooked sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream I use light
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms optional
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop sausage, onion, peppers and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, sour cream and cheese.
- Once egg mixture is thoroughly mixed, add sausage and veggies. Pour into your prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
This recipe was originally published in June 2013, and has been updated with new photos, video, and more detailed text.