Light and fluffy German Pancakes are a breakfast staple and a family favorite! German pancakes are so easy to make – and you probably have everything on hand. Eggs, milk, flour, salt and butter! Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar, or top with fruit!
Hey guys! It’s Lauren visiting from Tastes Better From Scratch and I’m really excited to share one of my all time favorite breakfasts with you today. German Pancakes! My mom made these all the time growing up and we all absolutely love them! I love how they puff up in the pan when they bake and I love eating them with powdered sugar and syrup drizzled on top! YUM! The best part about them is they only take about 5 seconds to prepare (you just throw everything in the blender) and the ingredients are items you typically have on hand or are cheap to purchase!
I would also add that these are perfect to make when you have company over, because of how quick and easy they are – and they will totally feed a crowd! You just might have to make two or three pans of them because they will disappear quickly! :)
How to make German Pancakes:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and add butter to a 9×13 pan, place it in the oven to melt while your oven heats.
- Add milk, eggs, flour, vanilla and a dash of salt to the blender, and blend until smooth.
- When the oven is preheated, pour the batter into the pan, and bake until puffy and golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and fresh fruit!
Want some more fun breakfast ideas?
- World’s Best Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
- The Secret to AMAZING Crepes
Recipe by Lauren Allen (Tastes Better From Scratch)
German Pancakes are a classic breakfast your whole family will love. They're so easy too, just throw everything in the blender, then bake!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbs butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. As oven preheats, place the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and put in oven for the butter to melt.
Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
Pour batter into the baking dish with the melted butter. Bake, for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with syrup and powdered sugar or fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Try some of our other favorites from Tastes Better from Scratch:
- Eggs Benedict with homemade Hollandaise sauce
- Homemade Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
We hope you love this one as much as we do!