Do you like ‘stuff’ in your brownies? Or are you more of a brownie purist? I think I’m both… I can honestly say I’ve never met a brownie I didn’t love. Soooo recently I was in the mood for a treat – that Sunday afternoon baking craving hit. I had recently seen something called “Texas Trash Pie” on instagram and since I didn’t have a pie crust, I improvised and made Texas Trash Brownies instead! Y’ALL. I am highly recommending these brownies be put on your ‘to make’ list. They are loaded with coconut, caramel bits, graham crackers and pretzels!
I think there is something to this brownies with mix-ins thing. Do you ever add things to brownies? (Don’t say chocolate chips. I know I’m weird, but that’s one thing I do NOT like in my brownies!)
Even my Husband, who is definitely a purist when it comes to most things, had seconds. So I patted myself on the back. Someday I will make the Texas Trash Pie though, or better yet, maybe I will go to the BBQ restaurant that is famous for it! I have always wanted to go to Round Top. (I don’t know why I haven’t yet.)
Of course I made them in my ALL EDGES brownie pan. Because edges are life.
Can you even handle that toasted coconut and graham cracker on the top!? I love coconut so lately I’ve been adding it to every dessert. I have to say, coconut and brownies make a good team.
Texas Trash Brownies
- 1 Box Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup caramel bits these make the brownies very sticky!
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 1 cup pretzel sticks divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish well.
- Mix brownie batter according to box directions.
- Add 3/4 cup shredded coconut, 3/4 cup graham cracker, 3/4 cup broken pretzel sticks and caramel bits into batter.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, and sprinkle remaining ingredients on top. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.)