This post contains an affiliate link to Gabb Wireless. We only share affiliate links to products we truly love.
Are you thinking about getting a Gabb Watch for kids in your life? After a LOT of research, we decided to get the Gabb Watch for our kids, and it is amazing!
Since I love the watch so much, I reached out to Gabb Wireless and asked if I could offer a coupon code to our readers. You can get an ADDITIONAL $25 off any Gabb watch or phone with code: PRETTYPROVIDENCE
I have two kids, and the time had come when I wanted to give them a little bit more autonomy. I was anxious about dropping them off at lessons or letting them play at their friends' houses without any way to contact me, but at some point you've got to let them be without you, right? Their dad and I knew it was time to get them a device.
Table of contents
- What is the Gabb Watch?
- Why We Decided This Is The Best Kid Smart Watch for our Family
- The Best Phone Watch for Kids and how it works
- Gabb Phone Parental Controls
- How the Gabb Watch Fosters Connection
- Why my kids love the Gabb
- Gabb Watch Promo Code
- My overall feelings on the Best Watch Phone for Kids
What is the Gabb Watch?
Gabb watch is a kids smart watch that has GPS, calling and texting. It is the perfect first device for your kid. It allows them to safely connect with family and friends when they need to without the distractions.
Why We Decided This Is The Best Kid Smart Watch for our Family
We have had ours for about a month now and it has exceeded our expectations! We absolutely love it.
Why a Watch and not a Smartphone
I have many concerns with giving my children any devices that have games, internet, apps, and social media on them. It is not an option for them until they are older. I also didn't want them to have any additional screen time - they already do have more than what is recommended daily. (Just being real!)
- the watch is practical (strapped to their wrist it is less likely to get lost or left somewhere)
- no social media access, internet access, or games
Things we don't have to worry about with the Gabb watch:
- inappropriate content
- wasted time browsing or scrolling
The Best Phone Watch for Kids and how it works
The watch is easy to use and is designed for kids aged 5 to 11. My kindergartener can easily navigate it and call me, her grandparents, or anyone else that I add to the approved list of numbers.
- Gabb watches come with their own phone number: You don’t need an extra phone line through another provider to connect it to. The plan for the Gabb watch is 14.99/month. So affordable!
- Unlimited calls and texts with parent-approved contacts: in the Gabb parent app, you can add up to 25 contacts to your child's list. Only approved contacts are able to send or receive messages or texts with your child.
- Pre-set texts and emojis: Gabb watches don't have a keyboard, but there are pre-set text messages they can send with the press of a button, and you can customize them. There are also emojis which, of course, the kids love!
- Voice texts: This is my favorite thing, getting voice texts from my kids. They love sending them too.
- GPS tracking: The watch has GPS tracking and you can set customizable safe zones that notify you when your child leaves and enters specified locations.
- SOS Button: There's a simple SOS button that can alert the primary parent contact if your child needs help.
- Lock Mode: There is a parent-controlled lock mode to limit distractions during certain hours like during school or bedtime. The child and their primary contact can still contact each other in this mode.
- The watch is durable too - it's sweat, sand, and water-resistant!
Other cool features:
- Alarm Clock
- Task Manager: You can create custom to-do lists for your kids, and they can earn digital coins for checking them off.
- Step Counting: this is the only feature we haven't really used yet. My daughter is active and we don't feel the need to think about her number of steps for the day. I imagine it would be fun to know in some situations, especially if you're doing a lot of walking or running!
- Gabb Go Pet: This is the one and only 'game-like thing' available on the Gabb watch. Your child can learn responsibility and caretaking skills by feeding, washing, and petting their digital friend. They earn coins by taking care of their pet, hitting step count goals, and crossing off items on their to-do list that can be cashed in to unlock new pets and mystery moves.
Gabb Phone Parental Controls
This is what some of the options in the My Gabb parent app look like:
How the Gabb Watch Fosters Connection
Other than giving me peace of mind knowing where my child is and having the ability to get in touch with them when we aren't together, there is another HUGE benefit to getting your child a Gabb watch:
My kids are calling and texting their grandparents way more often, and let me tell you, it is bringing joy to all involved! I chose to only add family members to their contact list for now, and I might let them add a few close friends if they also have a watch. Since they have been wearing the watch and seeing their contact list daily, they think to call and check in with Grandma or Grandpa entirely on their own. Without the need for me to remind them or for them to borrow my phone!
I love seeing them develop closer relationships with the people they care about, independently.
Why my kids love the Gabb
My kids appreciate having their own device and having the ability to call their grandparents or friends without having to borrow my phone to do so.
They like being able to call me and ask questions when they are away from home or tell me they are ready to be picked up. There is really something to be said about giving them autonomy!
Gabb Watch Promo Code
My overall feelings on the Best Watch Phone for Kids
The gabb watch has made our communication better, fostered connection, and given us a lot of peace of mind as our kids get older and we give them more autonomy. We absolutely love it and recommend the Gabb smart watch for kids between the ages of 6 and 12!