If you have never made cracker-roca before, you are in for a serious treat! It is one of those treats that is perfect to make together with the kids on a lazy afternoon, it is quick, easy and oh so delicious! I have always loved this recipe, but I kind of forgot about it, until one of my sweet young women brought it to an activity a few months ago and I remembered how great it is! Now it is a go-to when we are in need of a quick sweet fix, because I typically have all these ingredients on hand, and I can always spare 15 minutes to make something delicious with my sweet little chefs!
Saltine Cracker Toffee (Cracker-Roca)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 80 saltine crackers (two sleeves)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet and cover the bottom with saltine crackers. If you get to the edges, break crackers in half to fill the bottom of the pan.
- Next, add butter and brown sugar to a small sauce pan and stir until combined over medium-low heat.
- Let mixture boil for three minutes and stir constantly.
- Once boiled, pour mixture over the saltine crackers and put them in the oven for for five minutes.
- As soon as you pull the pan out of the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot crackers.
- When they start to melt, smooth the chocolate out with a silicone spatula.
- Allow the toffee to cool in the fridge until hardened.