This Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry is made from scratch and tastes like it came from your favorite Chinese restaurant. It makes a lot more for a lot less money!
Oh hi! It's Mandy from Mandy's Recipe Box here. Anyone else about sick of the heat of summer? I am. But I am not ready for the winter that will soon follow. Is it too much to ask for some constant 70 degree weather? I mean really. Idaho is known for hot summers and cold winters. It's like Utah in that way. The joke is always that if you're sick of the weather, just wait 5 minutes. Because it'll change. But right now it's just hotttt and dry and windy. All miserable. So you know I ain't about to turn my oven on just to feed my people. Sorry family, love you though!
This Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry is a skillet meal that is full of broccoli, mushrooms and chicken all in a homemade sauce that is just awesome. You can eat it over rice or on it's own. My family ate it up and I barely had any leftovers. Just enough for me to have some for lunch the next day. It's way cheaper than ordering it from a restaurant, I'll tell you that. And since I live about 60 miles from the nearest Chinese restaurant, this recipe is a life saver!
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place flour into a large bowl and add the chicken. Stir to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil over medium high heat and add chicken. Save the remaining flour in the bowl for the sauce.
- While chicken cooks, make the sauce. Add the chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil to the flour in the bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, remove to a plate and add the remaining 2 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Add the broccoli, onion and mushrooms and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add the sauce and stir to coat veggies. Lower heat and let cook until sauce is thickened. Add the chicken and stir to reheat the chicken.
- Serve over rice.
Be sure to follow Mandy's Recipe Box on social media!
You might like these recipes, too!