We’ve got some of our favorite Laundry Hacks including homemade laundry detergents, laundry room decor and laundry room organization. Let’s make the laundry room a place you don’t hate being.
The Laundry room. I think if I could avoid it for the rest of my life, I would. The reality is we all spend a lot of time in there, and the more we can improve on it the better!
We’ve got some of our favorite DIY Laundry Projects for this part of the home to make sure this room is organized, functional, and a place we’re happy to be.
To start out here is our Laundry Cheat Sheet that has all the laundry symbols easily explained in a free printable.
Homemade Laundry Detergents
- We love our recipe for Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent. Name brand laundry detergent can be so expensive and off brand detergent rarely gets the job done as well. This homemade recipe allows you to make a large amount of detergent without sacrificing any quality.
- I’ve recently started experimenting with vinegar in cleaning products and it’s amazing what it can do! I love this recipe for a Scented Vinegar Fabric Softener Rinse from One Good Thing. It’s only made of two ingredients, (vinegar and mint) and is an all natural alternative to fabric softener. (Don’t worry, the clothes don’t come out smelling like vinegar!)
- If you love the scent of a conventional fabric softener but still want to save when buying the expensive stuff, these Lavender Laundry Sponges from Smart School House are a great alternative. They allow you to use a fraction of the amount of softener the packaging will tell you to use, and are reusable!
- Another way to “green” out your laundry room is to make this DIY Laundry Scent Booster from Clean and Scentsible, which only uses two ingredients. You can also use any scent you prefer so your laundry smells exactly how you like it!
- Last but not least, be sure to try our DIY Stain Remover! It is my favorite spot cleaner I’ve ever used and it is really cost effective to make.
Laundry Room Decor
- Printables are the easiest way to dress up any room. All you need is a printer, a frame and a command hook or nail to hang it on. I love these Vintage Laundry Prints from The Navage Patch.
- You can see my small laundry room makeover here. It gives good ideas on how to make the best use out of whatever space you have. I love the easy DIY wallpaper.
- If you’re looking for something more modern, these Free Printables from the Mountain View Cottage are black and white and sure to class up any laundry room.
- If you’re ready for a project that takes a little bit more work (for a little bit more reward) take a look at these DIY Laundry Signs that say “Wash, Dry, Repeat”. Home by Jenn makes it look so easy and she says if you want to do it in one afternoon, it can be done in less than 4 hours!
- This “Laundry” sign is a similar project and would look so cute over the door way or hanging on the outside of the door to the laundry room. 2 Paws Designs has put together a perfect tutorial.
Laundry Room Hacks
- This idea for a Small Lint Bin is GENIUS! I hate cleaning the lint out of my dryer. If I can make it a tiny bit easier on myself I’d love it. Building Our Story has an awesome tutorial about how to put it all together.
- One of the worst things about the laundry room is the ironing board. It’s big, bulky, and can be such a pain to use! I love the idea of this DIY Ironing Board Hanger from The Inspired Hive. It makes it so much easier to keep the ironing board out of the way, but still easily accessible when you need it.
- I’ve started to buy a few nicer things for my “adult” wardrobe, but nicer pieces require so much more care and attention. I think this idea for a DIY Drying Rack from Centsational Style is so great for those pieces that aren’t strong enough for the dryer. Then fold it right into the wall until the next time you need it!
- If you need a smaller rack, this Wall Mounted Clothing Rack from Sammy on State is just as functional, it’s super industrial looking and is perfect for hanging hangers onto.
Laundry Room Organization
- The Blesser House has this amazing idea to use a Peg Board in the Laundry Room to stow away cleaning supplies. I’ve heard of using a peg board in any other room in the house except the laundry room. To use it here just makes so much sense!
- This Rolling Laudry Cart is such a good idea, because it’s a start to finish DIY you can adjust the size to perfectly fit your laundry room and whatever space you have available. Infarrantly Creative has walked the process through so well it looks like a project any one can take on.
- We love this project for space saving Laundry Organization Bags. They take up hardly any room and allow you to sort your laundry quickly and efficiently.
- I also love this DIY Mobile Laundry Station from Hoosier Homemade. It looks so great to move from the bedroom, to the laundry and back to the bedroom again easily!
I hope that helped you find some laundry room inspiration! If you have any great laundry hacks, leave them below in the comments.