Sugar Cookie Bars
Back to the matter at hand. You ready to see how easy these frosted sugar cookie bars actually are to throw together?
Top Left - In a large bowl whip together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
Top Right - Stir in egg, egg white, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Bottom Left - Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix to combine.
Bottom Right - Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and butter a baking dish well. Butter your hands (wash them first) and gently press your dough into your buttered pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fork comes out clean and edges are golden.
While squares are cooling make your frosting. Wait until sugar cookie bars are cooled completely before frosting.
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
To make frosting simply blend together butter, powdered sugar, half and half, vanilla and salt. Add food coloring if desired. See full measurements and video tutorial below in the recipe card.
Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
For the Bars
For the Bars
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish well.
- In a large bowl whip together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in egg and egg white, then add sour cream and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Butter your hands and gently press into your buttered pan.
- Bake 16-19 minutes until fork comes out clean and edges are lightly brown.
- After squares are cooled completely, frost and cut into squares.
For the Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, blend together butter, powdered sugar and half and half. Stir in vanilla and salt. Add food coloring if desired.