You only need one chocolate chip cookie recipe in your life and this is the one! Literally best ever chocolate chip cookies! You will not regret saving this one.
I have tons of memories from my childhood of nasty chocolate chip cookies. I’m not lying. We honestly joked that it was a curse because we tried dozens of recipes and had zero successes. Until this blessed recipe entered our lives, that is. If you too have searched in vain for the best ever chocolate chip cookies then search no longer my dears! I have found the perfect chocolate chip cookies and so… I just had to share them with all of you!
Just looking at these pictures gives me a giddy excited feeling in my stomach! Haha.
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Mexican vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown, do not over bake. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.