My little sister is deathly allergic to nuts and so we didn’t keep peanut butter around at our house. Growing up I had peanut butter cookies at friends houses or parties occasionally but really never thought they were that good. Until one fateful day I found this recipe. When my family was in town the other weekend we had a whole bunch of people who “didn’t like peanut butter cookies” devour 56 of them in a few short hours. My thighs wish that was an exaggeration. Make these at your own peril!
The BEST Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter I use chunky, but either would work just fine
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla and blend until combined.
- Add peanut butter, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour until just combined.
- Scoop in small balls onto cookie sheets, and make indentations with fork if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Place cookies on cooling racks to cool.
- Recipe yields 50+ cookies.
What do you think? Will you give them a try?
If you need another fantastic fall dessert this easy Aunt Val’s Caramel recipe is one of our families FAVES!
If you enjoyed this post, check out these other popular dessert choices: Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies, Nutella No Bake Cookies , or Cream Cheese Pie!