Okay prepare to have your mind blown! We all know that I’m a major chocoholic, but for some reason I’ve never really loved chocolate cookies… that is, until I met these babies! My good friend Janet told me about her chocolate chocolate chip cookies recipe, and then on my birthday she brought me a plate, well let’s just say it was love at first bite! The best part of this recipe is that it makes a ton and it freezes so well! So you make one big batch and then you can freeze the rest of the dough in rolls and then pull them out to bask in your chocolate love affair anytime you want to.. can I get a woot woot?
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
In this picture you can see about the size of roll I make when I am planning on freezing some! All you do is roll your excess dough into a roll and wrap with tin foil. When ready to cook, pull the roll out of the freezer when you turn on the oven to preheat. When the oven is heated slice the dough and follow baking instructions above! The frozen dough thaws pretty quickly and no additional baking time is needed!
Well, what are you waiting for? Get baking!