Lemon Mousse sounds fancy, but it’s really a simple dessert. This made from scratch treat is sure to please!
What’s up, people?! Mandy here from Mandy’s Recipe Box and do I have the perfect Spring dessert for you! This Lemon Mousse is so light and refreshing and screams Spring and fresh air and chirping birds. I love to make this for company because it’s served in individual ramekins which always makes for a fun treat. You could also make this into a pie if you would rather. The graham cracker crust doesn’t discriminate between dishes.
It basically starts with a concentrated form of lemon curd and then you add homemade whipped cream, without the sugar because the mousse is sweet enough on its own. You don’t want to over do the sweetness. The tartness of the lemons goes perfectly with everything else. It’s just one of the best desserts out there! It does use 8 egg yolks, but you can save the whites for adding to your omelettes or white cake like my Raspberry Filled Cupcakes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 3 to 4 lemons
- 8 egg yolks
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 3/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- Combine 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, 8 egg yolks and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, about 7 minutes.
- Place lemon mixture in fridge and chill until cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and butter until well combined. Divide graham cracker mixture between 8 serving dishes. Press into bottoms and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat heavy cream in medium bowl until medium peaks form. Do not add any sugar.
- Gently fold whipped cream into lemon mixture until well combined.
- Spread mousse over graham cracker crumbs and garnish with extra lemon zest.
Be sure to follow me on social media!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram
You will love these recipes:
So fresh and flavorful, and PERFECT for a pie!