HALLOWEEN, you guys! It’s almost here! I love to decorate for fall but I actually stay away from using orange for the most part… I just can’t get it to work with the rest of my decor! So I wanted to make a modern Halloween wreath that would be neutral, fun and spooky. I am kind of loving how it turned out, it reminds me of an old horror movie with the black and white haunted house!
It came together really easily – and I made a quick clip art house so that if you want to make one you can just print it right here! I also styled my wreath with my new favorite thing, the lightbox. Please tell me you know what Halloween movie this quote is from!? Anyway, here’s the full how-to:
Foam Wreath Form
Hot Glue Gun
Silver Spray Paint
House Clipart (click to open the PDF, then print!)
- Spray paint your spray silver.
- Cut felt into 4-5 inch strips that will wrap around your wreath form.
- Hot glue strips together on the back of the wreath.
- Trace house shape onto gray felt and cut it out.
- Cut out a door and a spiderweb for the house and hot glue them (I did these freehand)
- Hot glue sprays to the bottom right corner of the wreath, then glue your house on top.
- Add a little pumpkin by the door. TA-DA!
If you’ve been looking for a modern halloween wreath idea… I hope this has given you some inspiration! The clean lines are my fave!