These easy Pumpkin People are such a fun no carve pumpkin decorating idea. Dress them up with felt bows, glasses, hats, and mustaches, and you have adorable Halloween porch decor!
Since I live in a hot place where real pumpkins don't last more than a day after being carved, I stick to No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas. I decided to dress up my pumpkins as PEOPLE, and they turned out so cute!
This pumpkin decorating idea has been featured by TODAY, Pioneer Woman, Country Living, and more!
No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating Idea
You can make these no-carve pumpkins in 30 minutes or less, and all you need is a glue gun, pumpkins, and accessories.
I wanted these pumpkins to represent our family, so I did two little lady pumpkins and one man pumpkin with a top hat and mustache. After we had my second daughter two years later, I went and got another pumpkin to add to the group!
This is a very loose tutorial because everyone will probably want to make these their own!
- Hot glue bows on the top of the head or on the bottom if you're doing a bowtie.
- Take the temples off the frames and hot glue the nose piece of the glasses to the front of a pumpkin.
- Take a hat and put hot glue around the inside edges, then carefully place it on top of the pumpkin. Allow to cool.
- Add a silk flower to it with hot glue, if desired.
- Add a little costume mustache if you want your pumpkin to look like Charlie Chaplin.
That's pretty much it for the pumpkin people! Super easy. I love the way these give my porch decor some extra personality. We rounded out the porch decor with a hay bail, silk flowers, and some smaller gourds in green and gold.
Check out our Halloween page for more fun Halloween decorating ideas, recipes, and costumes!
- Use gorilla glue hot glue sticks. They are the strongest hot glue sticks I have found and the accessories will stay on your pumpkins a lot better with a strong glue.
- If you live in a hot climate, I suggest doing this with craft pumpkins. Especially since you can re-use them every year. They don't rot and they're budget-friendly.
If you use this no carve pumpkin decorating idea, please leave us a comment and a positive review, they mean a lot to us.
No Carve Pumpkin Decorating Idea - Pumpkin People
- Hot glue bows on the top of the pumpkin, or on the bottom when you're doing a bowtie.
- Take the temples off the glasses frames and hot glue the nose piece of the glasses to the front of a pumpkin.
- Take a hat and put hot glue around the inside edges, then carefully place it on top of the pumpkin. Allow to cool. Add if desired a silk flower to it with hot glue, if desired.
- Add a little costume mustache.
This post was originally published in 2015 and has been updated with more detailed information.