These caramel pecan rolls are unreal good! They’re super easy to make too and are ready in about an hour!
Breakfast forever, am I right?! It’s just a love that will never die for me! These caramel pecan rolls are the perfect indulgence. Whether you are looking for a delicious contribution to brunch, a Christmas morning breakfast or a yummy dessert, these bad boys will do the trick!
The twist method is a signature move of mine from my best cinnamon rolls ever, and it works just as well in this recipe! The twist makes it so that the filling spreads evenly over the whole roll, and you don’t have issues with it being crispy on the outside doughy on the inside.
The pecans add the perfect crunch and the caramel frosting takes them over the top! My kids call them the doughnut caramel rolls, haha.
Must be enjoyed with a glass of milk, obviously! You ready for the easy recipe?
Caramel Pecan Recipe
Caramel Pecan Rolls
For the Dough
- 2 TBSP yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups powdered milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups hot tap water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 cups more flour
For the Filling
- brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream more if necessary
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz powdered sugar
For the Dough
- In a large mixing bowl add yeast, sugar, 3 cups flour, salt and powdered milk.
- Next add in your butter, hot tap water, and eggs and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in remaining 4 cups of flour.
- Knead dough in mixer for 10 minutes.
- Let rise approximately 30 minutes. Do not punch down.
- Roll out your dough in a large rectangle.
- Spread melted butter over the rolled out dough, then spread brown sugar over half your dough and generously spring with cinnamon and chopped pecans.
- Fold remaining dough over the half that is covered in your topping. Use a pizza wheel to cut your dough into 1'' strips and twist your strips into knots.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit about 3-5 minutes and then spread with frosting.
For the Frosting
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and cream and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Transfer to another bowl and using a hand held mixer beat in confectioners sugar until smooth. Add heavy cream one TBSP at a time until perfect spreading consistency is achieved and spread on your caramel rolls.
All that’s left is to enjoy! Happy baking friends!
Shop this Post:
Pin it for Later:
Can I cut the recipe in half? I only cook for2 TYfor your answer Is there any sub. for powdered milk? Thanks again.
You can absolutely cut the recipe in half! Also yes, you can sub powdered milk for regular milk! Just google search a conversion chart!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
Oh yum! These rolls are gorgeous!
LOVE the icing on these rolls.
Katerina @ diethood .com
I LOVe how easy and delicious these are!! A must try!
Oh my gosh! You had me at caramel pecan! We need to try these!
Oh I can’t!!! I am sure these will just melt in your mouth! I need them in my life asap!
Haha you do! Thank you so much!