Get excited guys because today I am sharing one of my favorite recipes of all time! Not only is this soup absolutely delicious and totally filling, but it isn’t too bad for you either (depending on how much of the cheesy goodness you decide to heap into your bowl, haha)! We love this recipe year round!
It makes a huge batch and I always enjoy eating the leftovers for lunches for the rest of the week! Nothing reheats better than a yummy soup! Speaking of which, if you are a soup lover this post has tons of easy soup recipes you can try! Are you ready for the recipe?
The Best Lasagna Soup
For the Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T tomato paste
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
For the Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grab a large pot or stew pan. Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add hamburger, and cook until just browned.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Next, add in garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste and stir until well combined. Cook for a few minutes, until tomato paste turns brownish in color.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken stock, and bay leaves and mix to combine. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cook and drain your noodles to al dente.
- Then, in a separate small bowl combine all ingredients for your cheese mixture.
- When ready to serve, add noodles and cheese into each bowl, then ladle soup over the top!
- For best results, refrigerate leftover cheese, noodles and soup separately.
We love serving this with some warm french bread or a light green salad!
My bestie Cassidy first introduced me to this soup at a baby shower and it was a smash hit! Seriously, people could not get enough, myself included! Since then we have made it dozens of times and each time it tastes as good as the last! Due to the size of the batch, it’s a great choice when you are having company over, bringing something to a party, or bringing someone dinner! Plus, you know it will always be well received!
Mmmm! Don’t even try to tell me you aren’t craving soup now! I need to go make a pot asap!
|Crock Pot Beef Stew|