Looking for a fun Fall or Halloween Treat? These easy cornflake pumpkins are sure to be a hit!
Yay! It is officially September, which in my book means all things pumpkin! My three year old isn't crazy about the actual pumpkin flavor (not that I won't keep trying!) but I wanted to make a festive treat that we could all enjoy making and eating together. What better than these easy cornflake pumpkins?
If you want some other perfect fall treats, try our gourmet caramel apples or our amazing
Anyway, I had a great time creating these little pumpkins in the kitchen with my two little helpers! It's a great treat to make with kids, because it is quick, easy and of course, delicious.
Don't get caught up in making perfect pumpkin shapes. This mixture is super sticky and the more you touch it the harder it is to work with! Just drop a large spoonful in place, and I promise they will look pumpkin enough!
My kids favorite part was sticking in the stems (and sneaking them of course!) cute little hooligans! Also, may I just add, these taste WAYYY better than rice crispy treats in my opinion. We always make ours with corn flakes around these parts.. mmmm hmmm!
If you make this recipe and like it we would love for you to leave us a comment and positive rating! They mean so much to us!
Easy Cornflake Pumpkins
- 6 cups cornflakes
- ½ cup butter
- 5 cups marshmallows
- orange food coloring I mixed red and yellow
- Green Apple Twizzlers pull and peel licorice
- wax paper
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once completely melted, add in food coloring until desired orange color is obtained.
- Stir in cornflakes until well mixed.
- Drop mixture in large spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Cut "stems" out of Twizzlers and stick into tops of pumpkins.
Happy pumpkin making everybody!
Check out these other easy Halloween treats:
This post was originally published on September 8th, 2014 and has been updated.