Where are my coconut lovers at? Can I tell you a sad story? I’m the only person in my family here in TX who likes coconut. And I don’t just like it, I LOVE IT. But whenever I want to make a coconutty treat I stop myself because I know if I make it, I will be the only one eating it, and I really shouldn’t be eating entire batches of coconut treats by myself. Well, every once in a while I throw caution to the wind and just do it, then pawn them off on unsuspecting friends and neighbors. This easy coconut no-bake cookies recipe is one of my favorite ways to get my fix. They’re so easy and delicious, and a fun change from the traditional no-bake cookie (which I also love.)
Coconut No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3.4 oz box coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a large pot or pan, mix sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then scoop by the spoonful onto parchment paper.
- Allow to cool completely... if you can restrain yourself. Try not to eat yourself into a sugar coma!
As I was making these the other day I had a thought. What if I could make no-bake cookies into nicer looking shapes than the little mound shape they automatically end up in? So for these, I put the mixture into mini muffin tin so they were more round than usual! Another time, when Valentine’s Day was coming up I tried making them heart shaped. I pulled out my huge box of cookie cutters, dug out the heart ones, sprayed them with a little cooking spray and scooped the mixture inside. After they were cooled I carefully pulled the cookie cutters up – the result was pretty cute if you ask me!