If you have never made Oreo truffles before, get stoked, because this is a recipe that everyone should have in their arsenal! Seriously, they are the most delicious, decadent little devils, and they only take three ingredients to make! Say what??! They taste like gourmet chocolates, but my three year old basically does all the work when we make them (except the actual chocolate dipping part). For the last several years we have made a double batch of these and given them out to our co-workers for Christmas, and they have always been a huge hit! One batch makes about 50 truffles, so they go a long way.
If you need a treat recipe that is sure to impress and low on stress, here’s your new baby.
Easy Oreo Truffles
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 40 Oreo cookies
- 24 oz white chocolate chips (two bags)
- Crush 36 of Oreos in a food processor until they are tiny crumbs and pour into a large bowl.
- Crush remaining 4 Oreos and set aside to use later as a garnish.
- Add softened cream cheese to the bowl and begin mixing together until well combined, the mixture will become one big ball.
- Shape "dough" into small round truffles (about one inch) and set on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Cool truffles in the fridge for 15 or 20 minutes.
- While truffles are cooling, melt white chocolate chips over low heat.
- One by one, place a chilled truffle on top of a fork, then dip it in white chocolate.
- Set them on the wax paper to cool, then sprinkle with the reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, and enjoy!
Gah! Is your mouth watering, or is it just me? #pregnancycravings #chocoholic #iloveoreos