These Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce are a delicious side dish or main vegetarian course for summer! Bursting with herbs and flavor, you won’t miss the meat!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home sharing my monthly recipe! This month I have a delicious vegetarian dish, perfect for summer. We are definitely meat eaters in our house, but I love incorporating more veggies into our meals in the summer. One of my favorite ways to do this is by keeping the basic recipe intact, but just swapping out the meat for a vegetable. One of our household’s favorite recipes is Zucchini Parmesan, where I just sub the chicken for the zucchini! So good!
I often make pesto, and if you love pesto, you will love chimichurri. It is an Argentinian sauce full of fresh herbs that pairs perfectly with steak, and in this case, cauliflower! Since cauliflower isn’t the most flavorful vegetable, this sauce adds tons of texture and flavor.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 3 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, add herbs, garlic, and red wine vinegar. Pulse to combine. Turn processor on and stream in olive oil. Let run for about 1 minute or until everything is well combined. Place in a bowl and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Trim cauliflower and remove the stems and leaves. Cut in half and then cut into 1/2 inch planks. You will extra florets, just place them around the planks when you grill them
- Either using heavy duty aluminum foil or a grill safe pan, place your cauliflower on the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3-4 mediums or until both sides are golden brown. Remove from grill and drizzle with chimichurri sauce.