If you love Root Beer, you’ve got to try the Ultimate Root Beer Float. It’s so delicious, with extra root beer flavor, and topped with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel and a cherry on top!
I love summer holidays! The warmer weather and longer days gives us more time to celebrate. One of our favorite summer treats is a root beer float! They’re sort of a tradition, we have them for Father’s Day, 4th of July and whenever we have family BBQ’s by the pool.
This past Father’s Day, I didn’t want to make just any root beer float; I wanted to make one like you’d get in a restaurant… but even better. So I picked up a few of our favorite ice cream toppings and whipped up The Ultimate Root Beer Float.
How to Make the Ultimate Root Beer Float
- Root Beer
- Root Beer Extract
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Maraschino Cherry
It’s pretty simple!
- Add ice cream to the bottom of a glass, and mix in 1 tsp root beer extract.
- Pour root beer over the ice cream.
- Add whipped cream, drizzle chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and top it all with a maraschino cherry.
The key to this float is the extra root beer extract added to the ice cream; the malt flavor gives it just the extra something the float needs. Then, the chocolate, caramel and whipped cream are just so good on top.
If you like this recipe we would love if you took the time to leave a comment and positive review! And while you’re here, you should check out some of our other amazing drink recipes!
The Ultimate Root Beer Float
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 tsp root beer extract
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- maraschino cherry
- Scoop ice cream into a tall glass.
- Mix root beer extract with ice cream.
- Pour root beer over ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and maraschino cherry.
Recipe by Sydney from Tastefully Frugal