I have a major sweet tooth, but I don’t like processed sugar. Is that weird?! I literally never crave a candy bar or a packaged cookie, so when that sugar craving hits and I need a treat asap, my mind goes straight to “what can I make super fast to satisfy this?!” haha. Today I want to share one of my go-to favorite recipes this summer for when you’ve been totally owning it and you need a quick sugar fix! These strawberry cereal bars are freakin’ delicious, full of flavor, and take about 5 minutes to make.. seriously! You need these in your recipe book. Trust me.
Pretty similar to a rice crispy treat… only way better! The strawberry flavor and crunchy flakes are just perfect in these bars! You will totally be able to satisfy that craving without much effort, or all that other garbage that’s in processed sweets! All you need is Special K Red Berries cereal, marshmallows, and a little bit of butter! The Special K Red Berries are my favorite cereal, so I always have all three of these ingredients in my pantry, score!
Here’s the recipe:
Strawberry Cereal Bars
- 3 tbs butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 6 cups Special K Red Berries cereal
- Use a little bit of your butter to grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan melt butter and 6 cups of your mini marshmallows over low heat until completely smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and add in Special K cereal and the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Stir until cereal is well coated with butter/marshmallow mixture and then press into your prepared pan.
- Cool completely, cut into squares, and enjoy!
I’m pretty confident that waiting for them to cool enough to cut easily is the hardest part of this whole recipe! Haha.
Perfect treat to bring to a party or serve at girls night! Delicious, flavorful, and stress free!
I hope you love them as much as I do!
P.S. We love these Special K products so much! It’s just natural to want to share things that you love with people you love and I really am passionate about Special K‘s #ownit campaign and their products. My family and I got the opportunity to participate in a video campaign for them, do you wanna see it?!
If you haven’t given these products a try, do it! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
TRY THEM! I ADDED EXPENSIVE VANILLA! i’M IN LOVE WITH THESE BARS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE!!! YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN FOR SURE
Woo hoo! Thank you so much Debbie, you totally just made our day! xoxo