You guys know I am all about the easy dinners. It is a rare occasion that I make a dinner that takes more than 20 minutes. Who has the time!? Anyway, today I’m sharing one of our new family FAVES. My husband has declared that he wants it in the weekly rotation, and so it shall be, because these chicken and black bean Chimichangas are so delicious and EASY to make!
Let’s also just address how the word Chimichanga is so fun to say. I mean, really.
The main ingredients I use are uncooked Tortilla Land tortillas (which in my neighborhood I can only find at Randall’s) refried beans, canned chicken, Ro-tel and cheese. Using canned food is my jam because it makes it so much easier to get a good meal on the table on those nights I don’t have time for a lot of prep!
Have you ever had a Chimichanga? They are typically deep-fried but I just flash-fry these in a frying pan with a little bit of oil, they are still crispy and amazing, but definitely healthier than an actual deep-fried Chimi! Here’s the full recipe:
20 Minute Chimichangas
- 1 can chicken
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can Ro-Tel
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 egg whites only
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Prepare tortillas if they are uncooked.
- Mix chicken, refried beans and half a can of Ro-tel together in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture into the middle of a tortilla.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese.
- You'll fold this up like a burrito. (First once lengthwise, then fold the top and bottom sides in. Brush some egg white onto the sides and final "flap" of the tortilla before you finish rolling it up.)
- Place chimichanga in the pan and flash fry just until the sides are golden brown or desired crispiness.
- Repeat this process until you've used up your mixture, or just do a couple now and save the rest of the ingredients for another day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Randall’s . The opinions and text are all mine.