Happy Halloween everybody! It’s that time of year again! The time to pull out sweaters and booties and eat comfort food and snuggle up by the fire sipping hot chocolate! Is it weird that I get totally giddy just typing that sentence? Haha. When it comes to comfort food this easy and delicious meatloaf is at the TOP of my list! It can be thrown together in 15 minutes and the aroma it fills your house with while it cooks just can’t be beat! Even the pickiest eaters will love this dish and it definitely feeds a crowd! You ready for the recipe?
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs fresh parsley or sub 1 tbs dry parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh onion chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbs ketchup + 1/2 cup for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup A-1 steak sauce
- Combine all ingredients (except 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup A-1 sauce) in the order given, and blend well. Add the milk last.
- Shape mixture into a loaf, and place it in a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
- Mix together remaining ketchup and A-1 sauce. Spread sauce over the top of the meatloaf like frosting for the last 15 minutes of cook time.
Nothing goes better with meatloaf then potatoes! But you can serve this with whatever side or vegetable you have on hand! We love this green bean casserole, too!
Garnish with a little of your leftover fresh parsley, if desired!
Mmm. This brings me straight back to my childhood! What is your favorite comfort food?