You’ll never buy store bought guacamole again! Our easy Homemade Guacamole Recipe takes five minutes to prepare and it’s absolutely delicious.
Mexican is my very favorite type of cuisine. At least, today it is ;). I typically bounce between Mexican and Italian, but in the spring and summer I lean more toward Mexican food. Does anything sound better than some homemade guacamole and this low-cal coconut limeade on a hot summer afternoon? I submit: no.
I grew up with my Mom making this guacamole, and honestly I’ve never tasted better. Guacamole is just one of those dishes that is so simple and easy to make for yourself, it’s silly not to.
How to Make Homemade Guacamole
Alright, let’s make some homemade guacamole shall we?!
Top Left – Gather your ingredients. You can sub a small tomato and some chopped red onion for the Pico De Gallo if you want.
Top Right – Cut out your avocados and place them in a small bowl.
Bottom Left – Add in pico, garlic salt and lime juice.
Bottom Right – Mash until combined and desired consistency is reached.
- If you keep your pits in your guacamole it will stay green and fresh for 2-3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Our guacamole usually doesn’t last more than 15 minutes before everyone has gobbled it up, but if you are making this for a big party or group you can make it a few hours ahead without worrying about browning.
- You can sub the pico for one small chopped tomato and 1/4 cup chopped red onion.
If you make this recipe and like it we would love for you to leave us a positive comment and review, they mean so much to us!
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- 4 Ripe Avocados
- 1/2 Cup Pico De Gallo
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- Scoop avocado into a small bowl.
- Add pico de gallo, garlic salt, and lime juice to bowl.
- Mash together with fork until desired consistency is achieved.
This post was originally published July 13, 2015 and has been updated with better photos and more detailed information.