With all the squash in season, this is the perfect recipe for an easy side dish. Acorn Squash with Brown Butter and Sage goes great with any main dish.
Hey guys, it’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box here! With fall right around the corner, I have been craving winter squash like crazy. Zucchini and yellow squash remind me of summer but winter squash like acorn or butternut say fall to me. If you’ve never tried acorn squash, you’re missing out. It looks like a little green pumpkin. I love it roasted with some butter and brown sugar on it or in my Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe. But this time I made some brown butter and sage to go over the top and let me tell you how tasty that was.
Our Latest Videos
It takes no time at all to get this into the oven. Just line a baking pan with foil and drizzle some olive oil over it. Then cut your squash in half lengthwise and drizzle with more oil. Place face down and bake for about 40 minutes until tender. After that you make the butter sauce and top the squash with it. Easy peasy!
The brown butter flavor is incredible on its own but with sage it just kicks it up a bit. Try this with your next meal and see how easy and delicious it is!
Acorn Squash with Brown Butter and Sage
- 1 whole acorn squash or other winter squash
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Place face down onto foil and bake 40 minutes until tender.
- When squash is about done, make the brown butter and sage by heating butter and sage in a skillet until golden brown. Once brown let it cook another minute. Remove from heat.
- Once squash is done remove from the oven and serve with brown butter and sage over the top.
Try these other recipes…