Hello hello! It’s been such a busy September that I feel like I blinked and it is already over. It’s cool though. I am super excited for Halloween, so yesterday I decided to whip up a Halloween treat. My toddler thought this monster marshmallow popcorn was absolutely hilarious. It’s so easy to make, too! Perfect for a movie night! Hocus Pocus, anyone?
Here’s the easy recipe:
MONSTER MARSHMALLOW POPCORN
Monster Marshmallow Popcorn
- 8 cups plain microwave popcorn popped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy eyeballs
- Cover counter or cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Spread popped popcorn onto wax paper. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Add butter, marshmallows and brown sugar into a big microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine, and then microwave in 30 second increments and stir, until it’s completely melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and mix.
- Add Halloween sprinkles and candy eyeballs!
I like really simple recipes like this. I also love to bake, but sometimes you need a treat that takes less than 5 minutes to make. Ya know!?
This post contains affiliate links.
Oh, sprinkles. They make everything more fun! (Or do you call them Jimmies? I hear that’s a thing in some parts…) Now that I’ve started making the halloween treats, I can think about costumes too! I love dressing up and making a big deal out of Halloween but it’s a little different these days with an almost 2-year old. I don’t think she’s quite ready for trick-or-treating yet though, so what should we do?! Anyone have any good toddler halloween ideas?
On a completely different subject, I would like to thank the Target dollar spot for my cute new tea towel. I have been really good at ignoring that section lately, and sticking to my list, but that towel came in a two-pack and I really have no regrets about the $3 I spent on the set! It’s the little things, people!