Oh my gosh you guys! Get ready, because you are about to virtually experience the best ginger snap cookie of your life!!!!!! I honestly never even liked ginger snaps until I came across this recipe, and I’m pretty sure that was because I had never had a good one! These babies are soft, chewy and taste like Christmas. Seriously, even if you don’t love ginger snaps I dare you to give them a try! You will not regret it!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (or water)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and one cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg, and then stir in the orange juice (or water) and the molasses.
- Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into small balls and roll them in the extra 1/4 cup of sugar and flatten gently.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.