Oh my gosh you guys! Get ready, because you are about to virtually experience the best ginger snap cookie of your life!!!!!! I honestly never even liked ginger snaps until I came across this recipe, and I’m pretty sure that was because I had never had a good one! These babies are soft, chewy and taste like Christmas. Seriously, even if you don’t love ginger snaps I dare you to give them a try! You will not regret it!
Soft and Chewy Ginger Snaps Recipe
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice (or Water)
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- Melted White Chocolate Optional, for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and one cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, and then stir in the orange juice (or water) and the molasses.
- Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into small balls and roll them in the extra 1/4 cup of sugar and flatten gently.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- If desired, drizzle white chocolate over cookies or dip cookies into melted white chocolate and garnish with sprinkles.
They are perfect for any cookie exchange, family gathering or party! Definitely a crowd pleaser and the recipe makes a ton! Two of my base criteria for any recipe I share.
Mmm! What are you waiting for? Get to baking!