This is the best Seven Layer Bean Dip recipe ever! It’s the perfect appetizer for game day, Cinco de Mayo, or anytime you’re craving a salty snack. A total crowd-pleaser!
Seven Layer Bean Dip
There are few things that get me excited like this stuff does. I have always loved it, but as I’ve made it over and over throughout the years, I’ve really worked my recipe into what I think is the BEST Seven Layer Bean Dip ever. This dip is a go-to appetizer for our family, along with this Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dip and Corn Salsa. I also came up with a Greek Seven Layer Dip made with hummus that is SO GOOD. Check out all of our appetizer recipes here!
There is actually a “secret” ingredient that just takes this Seven Layer Dip to another level. Can you spot it in the pic below?
If you guessed mayo, you’re right. Mayonnaise and taco seasoning make the sour cream layer EXTRA good! I also prefer to use refried black beans for this recipe. Because, yum.
You’re going to want to file this one for your next bean dip occasion. It’s so easy to make, and you can make this ahead of time too if you’re making it for a party. I love it, I love it, I love it.
*This post contains affiliate links
How to Make Seven Layer Bean Dip
Ingredients in Seven Layer Dip
- Refried Beans – I like use black refried beans, but you can also use traditional (pinto.)
- Sour Cream, Mayonnaise and Taco Seasoning
- Cheese – Cheddar, Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack
- Black Olives
- Green onions
- Make Guacamole (try this easy recipe.)
- Mix sour cream with mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- Finely chop tomatoes and green onions.
- Shred cheese.
- Spread the refried black beans on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Next, spread guacamole in an even layer on top of the beans.
- After that, spread the sour cream mixture evenly.
- Top that with shredded cheese.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped tomatoes, green onions and sliced olives on top of the cheese.
Dig in! Serve with tortilla chips and your favorite salsa on the side.
This recipe makes enough dip to fill a 9×13 dish. If you don’t need that much, make a half-batch in a 9×9 square dish.
If you try this recipe, please leave us a comment and positive review! They mean a lot to us!
The Best Seven Layer Bean Dip
- 2 cans refried black beans
- 2 avocados ripe
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- taco seasoning 1/2 packet
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese shredded
- 1 black olives 1 small can, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato or ro-tel
- 3 chopped green onions
- Mash avocados with garlic and salt, to taste - or make this easy Guacamole recipe.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Spread refried black beans into the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Spread guacamole over beans.
- Spread seasoned sour cream mixture over guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese, ro-tel, olives and green onions over the top of those layers.
- Serve with your favorite chips.