This is the best seven layer dip recipe ever! It’s the perfect appetizer for game day, cinco de mayo, or anytime you’re craving a salty snack. A total crowd-pleaser!
Where are my seven layer bean dip lovers at? There are few things that get me excited like this stuff does. I have always loved it, but as I’ve made it over and over throughout the years, I’ve really worked my recipe into what I think is the BEST 7 layer bean dip ever. There is actually a secret ingredient in it that just takes this 7 layer dip to another level. Can you spot it in the pic below?
Our Latest Videos
If you think it’s the mayo, you’re right. Mayonnaise in seven layer bean dip! Have you ever used it? Also, I like to use refried black beans in mine. Because, yum.
What are the 7 layers of bean dip?
- Refried Beans – I like to use black refried beans but you can also use Traditional refried beans (pinto.)
- Sour Cream (which I mix with mayo and taco seasoning)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Grated cheese – I use Colby Jack
- Black Olives
- Green onions
You’re going to want to file this one for your next bean dip occasion. Last year when I was pregnant, I decided that the entire month of March was a seven layer bean dip occasion. It sustained me and baby June for that month. Now I kind of wish I had an excuse like that to eat this every day. I like how not only are there 7 layers, but also it only takes seven easy steps ’til you’re stuffing your face. I love it I love it I love it.
If you like hummus, I also came up with a greek seven layer dip made with hummus that is SO GOOD and you can eat it with less guilt.
Here are some of the items I use to make this recipe easier. Rubber spatulas are a must!
World’s best 7 layer bean dip recipe:
The Best Seven Layer Bean Dip
- 2 cans refried black beans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 8- oz container sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack or mexican blend cheese
- 1 small can of diced black olives
- 1/4 cup ro-tel or 1 small chopped tomato if you aren't lazy like me!
- 3 chopped green onions
- Mash avocados with garlic and salt to taste.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Spread refried black beans into the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Spread guacamole over beans.
- Spread seasoned sour cream mixture over guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese, ro-tel, olives and green onions over the top of those layers.
- Serve with your favorite chips.