I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, there is nothing better than a fresh pasta salad in the summertime! Coming from a pasta salad connoisseur, trust me when I say that this easy bruschetta pasta salad deserves a full five stars!
Pesto, mozzarella, basil, fresh tomatoes, garlic, balsamic…. these flavors just cannot be beat! They meld so well together and will work perfectly for all your summer barbecues and family get togethers! Not gonna lie though, we eat this baby all year round!
Here’s the recipe!
Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- 12 oz bowtie pasta cooked al dente
- 3 tbs pesto
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatos halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella diced
- 4 leaves fresh basil shredded
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle, optional
- Mix pesto, olive oil, garlic, and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook noodles until al dente, drain, rinse with cool water, add to dressing mixture and stir to coat.
- Add in halved tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil and stir to combine.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if desired. Enjoy!
It doesn’t get any easier than that, am I right?!
Some of us prefer the salad with balsamic drizzle and some prefer it without, so I made it optional! I personally love the balsamic and feel like it really adds to the flavor of the salad! Just start with a tiny bit if you add it so you don’t drown out all the other yummy flavors by pouring on too much! If you give this recipe a try, let us know which way you preferred it in the comments!
Mmm! Happy barbecuing friends!
The most perfect gathering recipe!!