I’ve been looking forward to the fresh flavors of spring and summer.When thinking up a new salad to make recently, I decided to go heavy on my favorite salty flavors and use them to top a big bowl of spiralized cucumber! This Spiralized Greek Cucumber Salad has been on repeat ever since!
Along with this one, salads like Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad and BBQ Chicken Salad are making up our lunches and dinners. This list of Unique Green Salad Recipes has been helpful too. Check out all of our salad recipes on our salad page!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Greek Cucumber Salad
Do you know that a true Greek salad doesn’t have lettuce in it? The popular version served in American restaurants adds lettuce to bulk it up, but a true Greek version leaves it out.
I love Greek salads but admittedly, I am in it for the kalamata olives and the feta cheese. I am a big salty fan and love the tangy bite they both add to the salad.
Have you jumped on the spiralizing trend yet? I got a mini-spiralizer for Christmas and have been thinking up so many ways to use it. I think this Greek Cucumber Salad was a great way to inaugurate my new tool into my kitchen. Spiralized cucumbers have never tasted so good!
How to Make Spiralized Greek Cucumber Salad
- Spiralize two large cucumbers. Lay spiralized cucumber flat on paper towels and sprinkle with salt to let the moisture come out. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then pat it dry.
- Add cucumber to a large bowl. Chop cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl.
- Add Kalamata olives, sliced pepperoncini peppers, and feta cheese and toss everything together.
- In a separate bowl, add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
Let’s just pause a minute and appreciate the beauty of this.
I lightly dressed the salad with a lemon vinaigrette because I love lemon, but you could use your favorite Greek dressing if you’d prefer.
This salad is healthy and light, plus you can customize it in so many ways.
- Want to serve it as a meal? Add chicken or salmon.
- Want to take it to a potluck? Toss in some linguini and make it a pasta salad!
- Don’t love feta like I do? Add some fresh mozzarella!
I hope you try this Greek Cucumber Salad soon! I think you will love the fresh flavors as much as we did!
Love this recipe? We’d love if you would leave us a comment and positive review. They mean a lot!
Spiralized Greek Salad
Greek Salad Ingredients
- 2 large cucumbers spiralized
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 pepperoncini peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
Lemon Greek Salad Dressing
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Greek or Italian seasoning
- Spiralize your cucumbers and then lay them flat on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and let the moisture come out. After 10 minutes, pat them dry.
- In a medium sized bowl add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta, and peppers. Toss to distribute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and greek seasonings. Whisk until it begins to thicken, about 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad and then sprinkle with black pepper.
It was so fun to make this in my freshly updated kitchen!
Recipe shared by Amanda from Old House to New Home
This post was originally published in February 2016 and has been updated with new photos, a video and more detailed information.