Hey guys, it’s Lauren,from Tastes Better From Scratch, back to share a yummy salad recipe with you!
This time of year I get a little obsessed with pasta salads. I could literally eat some sort of pasta salad every night of the week! It’s a good way to use up fresh produce from my fridge, and it gives me an excuse to load up on yummy veggies from my local farmer’s market! And I don’t know about you, but I feel like we’ve started the season where we’re constantly going to barbeques, family gatherings or other social events, which are a ton of fun, but I run out of ideas for side dishes to bring!
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a crowd-pleaser! The ingredients are simple, but put them all together and they make magic. This salad can be thrown together in less than 30 minutes and it makes a great main dish for a weeknight, or a fun side dish for a party. If you’d rather have a pasta salad without any greens, bowtie pasta salad is amazing, too!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 6 oz penne pasta
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cucumber medium size, chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons optional
- Caesar salad dressing to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Chop the grilled chicken breasts into small chunks. In a large bowl toss together chicken, cooked penne pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, green onion, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Drizzle with desired amount of Caesar salad dressing and toss to coat.
If you like this recipe you should try one of my other popular salads!
Teriyaki Spinach, Chicken Bowtie