Teriyaki Chicken is made in the slow cooker and turns out so tender and flavorful. It’s great for anytime of the year, but especially during the busy holiday months!
What’s up guys? Mandy here from Mandy’s Recipe Box and do I have a tasty dish for you! My whole family loved this Teriyaki Chicken which speaks volumes to how good it is. It has just the right amount of sweetness that my non-sweet-meat-loving husband enjoyed it. He doesn’t think sweet and meat go together. Who even says that? I can’t even. So when I made this dish, I was hesitant to let my husband eat it. I was waiting for the “it’s too sweet” comment. But it never came. Cue Twilight Zone music. Because there’s brown sugar in this and my man had nothing to say about that. SCORE. Try this Teriyaki Chicken out and wow the crowd.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- parsley for garnish
- In a slow cooker, add the teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic and sesame oil.
- Mix together with a whisk.
- Place chicken breasts into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Take the chicken out and shred with a fork.
- Place back into the slow cooker and stir to combine with sauce.
- Cover and keep warm while you make the rice.
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with parsley if desired.
You may also like these other Slow Cooker recipes: