If you are looking for a great crockpot chicken taco recipe, these slow cooker shredded chicken tacos are super easy, and out of this world delicious!
If you have read many of my kitchen posts you might have noticed a theme and consequently predicted to yourself that these crockpot chicken tacos might be easy and they might be cost effective. Yes and yes. Oh, and I almost forgot delicious. Yes. To make these crockpot chicken tacos all you need is chicken, salsa and taco seasoning. Three ingredients is all it takes to make a masterpiece folks!
When I say these slow cooker chicken tacos are easy to throw together, I mean EASY. They are literally one of the very first meals I ever learned to cook in my high school years, and they were a weekly go to for us when we got married! Plus, this recipe can easily be used for more than just shredded chicken tacos. It works great for taco salads, tostadas or nachos as well!
I typically make a big batch and some of us will eat them as the traditional chicken tacos while the others will take a taco salad approach. If I am trying to be especially healthy then I eat mine rolled in iceberg lettuce like a chicken lettuce taco! Honestly the possibilities are endless. One thing is for sure though, everybody loves this salsa chicken, even my pickiest eaters.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 3-4 chicken breasts frozen
- 16 oz salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- lettuce optional to garnish
- cheese optional to garnish
- sour cream optional to garnish
- beans optional to garnish
- pico optional to garnish
- Put frozen chicken (fresh is fine too, just lower the time) in the crock-pot and cover with salsa and taco seasoning. Make sure the chicken is coated pretty well. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When chicken in cooked shred with two forks and turn crockpot to warm until ready to eat. Serve with desired taco fixings and enjoy!
Well there you have it friends, our staple crockpot chicken taco recipe! You will definitely want to pin this for later!