These chocolate crinkle cookies are rich, fudgy and covered in powdered sugar! What’s not to LOVE?!
I’ve been dreaming about these chocolate crinkle cookies lately. So much so, that even though I’ve always thought of them as a Christmas cookie, I made this recipe in June. There was no occasion, I just wanted chocolate. No shame. I just couldn’t go another day without them in my life. To justify it, I put about half of them in the freezer to save them for later! Haha
Our Latest Videos
These cookies are easy and don’t take too much time. I let my little one help me roll them in powdered sugar which was messy but really fun!
How to make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Mix the dough (full instructions below)
Scoop cookie dough and roll into 1 inch balls
Roll each ball in powdered sugar and place on to prepared baking sheets
Bake for 10-12 minutes
The process takes about 40 minutes from start-to-finish.
Wow, now I’m craving these again. I might need to raid the freezer!
For more easy cookie recipes, check out:
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz baking chocolate chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or prepare sheets with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine baking chocolate and butter. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each, until it's melted and combined.
- Whisk the chocolate and butter into the egg mixture until combined. Stir into the flour mixture until it's all well-mixed.
- Let the dough sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Place granulated sugar into a shallow bowl, and the powdered sugar into another shallow bowl.
- Take a cookie scoop or 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar until they are covered in both. Place the dough balls evenly on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, rotating baking sheet half-way through. Bake until they are puffed and cracked. Your edges will look set, but be very soft in the middle. It might look like they aren't done yet, but they probably are!
- Let them cool on cookie sheets before serving.
I hope you love them!
Pin the recipe for later: