Hey party people! I’m here this morning with another easy peasy crock-pot recipe! This last month has been so. busy. Seriously, I could work all day and all night and still not get everything done. In fact, that’s basically what I have been doing, haha! Anyway, one of my New Years resolutions was to be better at planning and cooking meals for my family (yay, it’s April and I’m still trying! ha) and so for that to happen during a busy month like this the crock-pot is basically my bff. It’s so easy it’s almost like someone is bringing me dinner every night.. almost. It has actually been really fun because I’ve been reminded of so many easy dinner recipes I love and I can’t wait to share this one with you today!
- 1 15 oz . can black beans drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp . cumin
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa anywhere from 16-24 oz will work fine!, divided
- 4 large chicken breasts or 8 breast tenders
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese cubed
- Shredded cheese and green onions to garnish optional
- Add beans, corn, garlic, cumin and half of your salsa in the bottom of your crock-pot and mix to combine. Layer chicken breasts over the top, and cover with remaining salsa. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. After the time is up, shred chicken and add in your cream cheese cubes. Turn heat to high and wait for cream cheese to melt (about 15 minutes). Serve over cooked rice and garnish with shredded cheese and green onions. Enjoy!