Have you guys seen these balloon garlands popping up lately?! I made this for a fun 'READY TO POP' baby shower and honestly it's so much easier than it looks to make these. I promise. Here is the full how-to:
- Blow up the balloons to different sizes.
- String the sewing needle through the fishing line and tie a knot. Start threading the needle through the balloon tie-offs, alternating balloon colors and sizes.
- Arrange balloons pointing up and down and outward, and use your LOW TEMP glue gun to secure them. Do not use a normal hot glue gun - it will pop the balloons!
- Repeat all of this until it's shaped how you like.
- Fill in any blank spaces with small balloons or mini honeycombs. There is no science to this.
- Use command strips or push pins to hang your garland. Tada!
See? It really is so easy. I like to blow balloons up normally and NOT use helium because I don't need them having a mind of their own. Also, this way it lasts longer. This one was up for about a week and a half!
These are perfect for birthdays, showers, weddings, really any occasion. I think you could have fun with adding more embellishments too - like flowers or other types of balloons. Go crazy.